Finding the right property and making all the arrangements to buy it can take time. It’s a big financial decision so it’s important to look at as many properties as possible and make the right choice. It’s also a good idea to speak with property experts such as real estate agents, bankers and mortgage brokers.
Before buying a home you should:
- consider the financial costs involved
- find the right lender and home loan
- identify where you’d like to buy
- find the right house
- arrange building inspections
- think about how you’ll repay the home loan.
Buying your first home
Some questions you may wish to consider include:
- Am I better off renting than buying?
- How much can I borrow?
- How much deposit will I need?
- What additional costs will I be up for when I buy a place of my own?
- Are concessions for first homebuyers?
- What should I do with my money while I try to accumulate a bigger deposit?
- What types of loans are available?
- What should I look for in a loan?
- How do I find the right mortgage for me?
How we can help
- Work out how much you can borrow based on current financial capacity
- Calculate the deposit you are likely to need.
- Identify strategies to save for a deposit in the timeframe you set.
- Set a budget to cover your mortgage commitments when you have purchased your property.
- Review, recommend and organise appropriate insurances.
- Recommend if you need to create or review your Will.
What to do next
If you want us to help you review your financial situation contact us today.